Thursday, September 15, 2011

The community of God serving God's community...

Wow...where do I even start? I'm not sure what to say, but feel like I need to write a post. This past week one of my kk families said goodbye to their 5 day old baby boy (born at 28 weeks because placenta was separating). He was born too early and his lungs were not changing in development. I think this might be so hard on me because almost 2 years ago, I was facing the facts that I too might lose my baby. I remember the pain that I felt hearing those words as I laid flat on the hospital bed in the ER. Knowing that my life too was in danger. Knowing that we had already lost a baby. I couldn't go through it again.

Today I was able to go to the viewing and funeral of baby Maximus, yes that was one of the hardest things to see. To see something so precious laying there lifeless, to see two parents heartbroken as they prepare to place their infant 6 feet under, as I remember fearing being in that exact place almost 2 years ago. It was hard...my heart breaks for this family... It was hard hearing the dad say, "I didn't see this coming, how do you prepare for this". Yeah that hurt, my heart breaks.

What has been so great and amazing about this is to see God work! Seeing God's people reaching out. I had the opportunity to help serve a meal to the family. I can't tell you how many times a family member came up to me and said "this means so much", "thank you", "they needed this". That's what it means to be a community living for Christ. I'm not saying me, I'm saying the church coming together to serve their community, showing that through really crappy times, God is still there.

Yes this day week has been hard. Really hard. But it has also been a time for me to count my blessings to see my little girl running around, healthy. That could have been us, for whatever reason we were spared that pain and for that I am thankful. I don't ever want to forget what He has done for me and my family.
I also don't ever want to forget what it feels like to see a community of God's people serving God's community.

Lord be with that family! Give them strength....

No comments: