Monday, September 13, 2010

Wanting the best for Londyn

Lately I have felt a lot of pressure from different people about letting Londyn go. You see she stays with me for church, I like her with us as much as possible (she will not want this forever), and I am having a hard time leaving her with other people than family and Heather. It's not that I don't trust that people can do it, it's that I want the best for my child. I want her to grow up knowing that we have always wanted the best for her. Sometimes I have a hard time because I know that every one parents differently and what if they try to care for Londyn in a way that I don't see fit.
I have really tried to let go and let more people adventure with her, maybe it's because the guilt trip is played, not for sure.
I do know this though, I worked hard to get this little girl and I don't want to ever lose her. It wasn't easy bringing her into this world, and I want to care for her and give her the best. I don't think that there is anything wrong with being picky, I am hoping that someday others see that too.
I love that girl and I am her mommy. I will always have a say in who she hangs out with or stays with. I think that what we do and allow today will be the judge of her future.
Don't we all want the best for our children? Should I loosen up some? Should I hand her off to more people? I am not sure that I know the answer to that. I do know, however, that there is nothing wrong with wanting the best. She's an investment!
I am so glad that God is trusting me with her! Thank you Jesus for sending me your Angel

1 comment:

meghanndubea said...

Kimber, I know how you feel. It was hard for me to leave Addisyn with any one other than my parents or in laws for a long time. The first time I put her in the nursery at church, I stayed with her. Now that she is almost one it is easier. I promise you one day you will be able to let her go for an hour or two and know she is going to be ok. It is impprtant for you and Keith to have some "alone time" and "grown up time" with out Londyn and it is imposrtant for Londyn to be around other people and start growing social skills. I know it is scary, but one day you will want her to be in the nursery so you can worship and recharge. You are right that you know what is best for Londyn and you have every right to be picky about who watches her. Enjoy having her with you as much as you can now! If you ever need to talk, vent, or bounce ideas off someone let me know! :)