Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I feel like it's been way too long since I have written on my blog. I have been wanting to reflect on Mother's Day since it happened.

I was thinking about my first Mother's Day:

Londyn was just a month old. I was still squeezing into my maternity clothes. Matter of fact in the picture that our wonderful church took for us, I looked like I was about 4 months pregnant. I remember that day very well....I had a special little newborn dress for Londyn to wear that my friends bought her, she had the perfect little bow to match. We made it all through church. The children's ministry team wanted a picture of all the new babies, since there were three in a month. At the end of church we gathered together for our quick picture before the babies got hungry. "snap" and then there was this warm oozing stuff in my hand....Londyn pooped right out of her diaper, through her dress, in my hand, and down my white blouse. Welcome to motherhood:). At least we were able to get the picture before I was initiated.


This year my sweet Londyn was running around calling me mama....and no I did not get pooped on this year. I'm sure at some point in the day I had snot on my shoulder from a little girl who thinks it's a Kleenex. I feel so blessed to be a mama. No not just a mama, Londyn Rae's mama. Londyn has changed my life in so many ways. Back in the day I use to come home from work, curl up on the couch, take a two hour nap, wake up, eat dinner, shower, and go to bed, and talk until we fell asleep. Wake up the next morning curl up in my robe, get on the computer, curl my hair, do my make up, iron my clothes. I laugh at that now, who has time for all of this.
Yes some days I am exhausted and feel like I might fall over if I don't take time out for myself. But being Londyn's mama, coming home to find a snack and milk, play, make dinner, bathe her, read to her, Skye with her meemaw, mamaw and papa, get a cup of milk, turn on the music, rock her to sleep and tell her I love her, put her to bed, grab a shower before I pass out, maybe pass a few words back and forth with Keith before my eyes close, get up a few hours later to put a crying baby back to sleep, crawl back to bed, wake up in the morning to rush through my routine before she gets frustrated with me. Yes my schedule may be hectic, but it's the schedule I love. I would not trade the busy evenings, sleepless nights, and rushed mornings for any thing.
Being Londyn Rae's mama is the greatest privilege!

I can't find my picture but this Mother's Day I got a outdoor patio set. The bonus was the patio that my father-n-law, brother-n-law, and wonderful husband poured their weekend into.

My First Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2011


Thank you Londyn for calling me your mama! I am blessed

No comments: