Thursday, June 16, 2011

Still my best friend after 4 years. Happy Anniversary my love!

Today marks a beautiful day in my lifetime. The day that we said yes! This week I have really been reflecting on the past four years and what they have brought us. Words came to my mind like...excitement, joy, love, adventure, strength, I believe I could go on for hours if I had the time.

The night Keith asked me to be his wife it was late, raining outside, and in the mall parking lot:). I'm sure he was working on this grand plan of how to ask me, but when my closest friend saw the ring he couldn't wait. Acting fast at 11:30 at night spiked my interest. Our wonderful meal at Ruby Tuesday's was full of laughter, I just had a feeling it was the night. Once we were in the car I gave him a hard time because I knew it was coming. The best part was the emotion that built up inside of me when I saw the trunk of the car close and he began walking to my side of the car. Yes in the rain he got down on one knee and asked me. It was simple....we are simple. I loved it and could hardly contain myself that 24th day of March in 2006.

Since our big day I have learned a lot. I have learned that doing a load of laundry is throwing the clean clothes on the bed and starting a load in the washer, Cleaning the house means taking everything from the living room and kitchen and throwing it in a room with a door, sometimes time well spent is time at home on the couch watching our favorite TV shows, expect to see dirty socks laying around the living room.
I did not grow up in a house watching sports. However, I now know enough about football that I can follow the game. Every once in a while you will hear me yelling at the TV for a stupid play or fight. I know that when basketball season comes around it will be a long 40 nights.

This week I have been so excited about our date tonight. Yes, I have been acting like a fifteen year old while planning this. It's going to be great to share an evening with my best friend and have no interruptions, just the two of us. I like to pull out our wedding video and reminisce, cry, and laugh about our big day. We have missed it a few times, but hopefully this year will not be the case. This weekend we are making a family trip to see family. That might be one of the greatest gifts I could receive at this time.

I feel so blessed to have shared four years with Keith. He is my rock in hard times, my shoulder for a good cry, my biggest fan when no one else is. I am so glad that four years ago I made the longest walk of my life and said yes.

I, Kimber, take you Keith, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

I love you, Keith Ryan, with all that is within me. Happy Anniversary my love!

No comments: