Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ugh to body images

Growing up I had a lot of issues with my body image. I came to a conclusion that my husband loves me no matter what my image may be. However, tonight, not so easy. Getting ready for Sunday church always slaps me in the face. Clothes never fit, hang right, and I have the "mom" look to me. This past week a little girl said "you look like your still pregnant".
I dread going to my closet. Tonight I wanted to just sit in a corner and cry. I'm not going to lie, I still want to. It's frustrating to wish I was the same size as a high school. I'm convinced no one stays the same size. As I was to the point of tears tonight, I turned around and saw my beautiful baby laying on my bed watching me. I walked out of the closet, shut the door and picked her up. As hard as it is for me to face my weakness, I have a little girl who forever will call me mommy. I wouldn't change that for the world. Lord, let that be enough for me.

1 comment:

meghanndubea said...

Kimber, I know how you feel. I feel like that everyday when I get dressed for work. Most days I do cry, but you are right that we have husbands who love us no matter what size we are. Hang in there and know that the little extra "baby wight" is a gift from God. Without it you wouldn't have Londyn.