Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Londyn's Dedication

Growing up in the church you see a lot of traditions. One tradition is dedicating a baby shortly after birth. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to have Londyn dedicated to the Lord. Yes we dedicated her ourselves when we first found out that we were expecting her and again when the pregnancy started becoming complicated. But there is something about making things official and public. For example, when you fall in love with someone you want a wedding, when you have a baby you want a shower, when your relationship status changes everyone on Facebook knows about it. We are public people. It is almost like we need to have the support from friends, family, and other Christians.
So this past weekend we wanted to publicly dedicate our sweet Londyn Rae to the Lord. There is so much building up to it in preparation. First off there is a questionnaire we had to feel out, along with telling the story of Londyn and how miraculous her birth truly was. As I was writing out the story of Londyn I became all emotional:), because I realize that it was the hand of God that brought that little girl into our lives. If it wasn't for Him, Londyn and I both could have died. When I announced that we were getting her dedicated my sister and brother-n-law asked if they could by her dress for the ceremony. They bought her a beautiful simple white gown with smocking, a white bonnet, white dedication blanket with a cross, and little robeez shoes. She looks like a little porcelain doll once she was dressed. I was sure to dress her in one white dress to travel to church and wear to Sunday school. If you know my child you know that she can poop like it's her job:).

As we stood up there and heard the congregation take an oath that they would help to teach her how a Christian to walk and talk, it was amazing. I know they "have" to do it, but I also know that we go to a church full of prayer warriors and great friends. Our church family saw how hard it was on Keith and I to bring Londyn into this world. They saw God work a miracle.

I am so glad that I have a God who will lead me and guide me on how to be the best mother I can be! I know that I will not always make the right decisions in raising Londun, I'm not God. However, I do know that I gave my child to Christ this past weekend and He will help us bring her up right.

It was great having the following people there: My sister and brother-n-law, Dad, brother-n-law, Mother and father-n-law, our good friends old neighbors, and of course our church family!
I have attached photo's of Londyn's big day! Happy Lookings!








2 comments:

Lisa said...

She's beautiful and absolutely a miracle!!! So glad to be able to share our pregnancies together and now to journey with you in motherhood. We love that little girl so much and take seriously our proclamation to do everything we can to encourage her and you guys as well. Love you!

PS-so glad that I am not the only one who mentions poop on my blog! My sister thought that was hilarious and I just told her that when she becomes a mother she will realize just how important poop really is! LOL

E said...

So sorry we missed it - prayed for you guys that morning all the way from OH. :)

Having grown up at LFCN over the last 30 years, I can promise you we take that oath very seriously. I've been on the receiving end of that prayer & encouragement many times. What a great family to be part of, and we are glad you are in it too :)

I haven't talked about poop on my blog yet, but only because I don't blog that often. Poop became part of our lives when we got dogs and only got more important when Ben came along. Absence of poop means big problems... :)