Friday, June 25, 2010

Londyn's headbands

If you have met Londyn you know that I love to put bows in her hair (more like on her head:)). I love the headbands with the big flowers. However I never liked the price. I have seen them between $7 and $20. Tonight I decided to get it a shot and try to make them by myself. Below you will see how I made them. Bargain: $19.59 bought 10 bows, 2 head wraps, 25 hair clips, E-600 glue, black and white ribbon.

Steps to making a bow:

First you have to cut your ribbon to the length to cover the clip. I did this so that there is some cushion between her head and the metal.

Second glue the ribbon on to the clip and press for about 2 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes for adding bow.

Third cut stems and or leafs. Put glue on the clip and press bow until dry (about 4 minutes)

Fourth, you can sew your headbands together if you know how to sew. For those who can't, like myself, just overlap the material a little and clip the bow on, no sewing necessary.

When you want a change just change out your flower to match the perfect outfit.

I will be on the hunt for more bands and flowers. This might become an addiction of mine:).

(Sorry my pictures uploaded backwards)Check my facebook to see more options



















No comments: