Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strikes and Angel kisses

It's funny the things that we believed as kids. Last nights storm brought a memory back for me. I don't know if you know this or not I am a big scaredy cat.:) I use to run down the hall screaming "boo" at every door thinking I would really scare someone if they were out to get me. I remember always being scared when the storms came rolling in. I remember this day very vividly. It was storming really bad and the electricity had been knocked out. Two fears, the dark and storms. So I would cry and cry and cry. My mom finally came up with this excuse for the storm. God was bowling and whenever the thunder would BOOM God made a strike. Still being startled by the sound of the thunder in our flash light lit room, I began cheering God on. "Go God! Woohoo!" It's a miracle how though I was so scared I began to cheer God on in the darkness.

Today I was in the breakfast room at work and one of the kids said, "I have a lot of freckles". It made me think about how every time I would visit my moms house she would say that the angels had been busy kissing me because I have a lot of angel kisses (freckles) on my face.

The innocence that a child holds is so great. I hope that someday Londyn can look back and have stories of the same. I also hope that through my parenting and watching Londyn grow that I gain that child like Faith.

No comments: