Wednesday, June 16, 2010

.....Today I will marry my best friend....







Wow! It's been three years since I have said that. Today Keith and I celebrate our 3 year anniversary. Last night we began to reflect on what God has brought us through in our marriage. This morning I was doing a little bit of reflection myself.
The day I said I do....Saturday, June 16th at 2:30pm I was going to be walking down that Aisle. All morning I was nervous, excited, and ready to be married. I remember brushing my teeth right before heading for the aisle, we waited to kiss for a week:). I remember trying to get in the bathroom stall so I could go to the bathroom, thanks Misty, Julie, and Amanda. My sister Julie prayed over our day and marriage 15 minutes before it was time. Then of course there were things that I didn't know like, that my dad wasn't there yet, the cake was late and not how we wanted it (looked better than we could have imagined). Now it was time for my dad to walk me down the aisle. As we were walking he was holding my arm so tight that I lost feeling in it and thought I was going to faint walking in my 4 inch heel. I was able to do something that my father and I promised each other since I was a little girl, before he gave me away we gave butterfly kisses.
A year went by and we celebrated a year of marriage. At that time we didn't know that we would go through the deepest valley out there. At a year and a half we decided we wanted to start a family. As many of you know we were pregnant within 2 months and lost our baby at 8 weeks of the pregnancy (the baby was only 6 weeks). We went through a really hard time trying to cope with why God would let something like this happen to us. The only thing that I can think of is that it was a relationship building moment. Our second anniversary passed.... We started trying again as soon as the doctor gave us the okay. That August we found out that Precious Londyn would be here in April (same month we miscarried).
In December we went through another valley when I was placed on bed rest. In April our family expanded to a party of 3. 3 weeks into parenthood we closed on our first house that we call home. Today we are celebrating 3 years. No it was not all a bliss. There were many bumps, no wait potholes in the road that we have traveled. I have learned something through all of this though, God never fails! Even though there were times that I felt alone in the past 3 years, that God left me hanging on the edge of the cliff, I know that because of this journey called life my marriage is what it is today. No we never wanted to go through it, but we understand these things: How important it is to stick by each other, that we truly do love each other, Life is precious and should not be taken for granted, and that God really never left me I pushed him away.
Today I want to thank my husband for an amazing journey in our marriage...I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us this next year and many years to come!
Happy Anniversary my love, my Keithster;).

No comments: