Friday, May 21, 2010

Being a momma brings a lot of emotions



Today my sweet Londyn is 7 weeks old. The past week or so she has been attached to my hip. Sometimes she just needs her momma, I love to feel needed. Yesterday as I sat at the table eating lunch with my family, it hit me. I am going to be leaving her in about a week and what if she needs me. Parents come in all the time dropping their kids off crying and worried that they don't calm down. I always said I didn't want to be that parent. But today I realize that I am so going to be that parent. I know she will be just fine with Heather, however, I'm her mom and I want to be there to comfort her when she has a belly ache, can't sleep, wants to eat, or just needs to cuddle by mommy. Why do I feel guilty for leaving her? I never thought that it would be so hard and now I am facing it all. I wish I could be a stay at home mom. Maybe I could be if I didn't want a house, dinners out, and shopping sprees. I do realize, as I tell all of my parents, this is best for Londyn. She needs to be exposed to other people than just Keith and I, we need time away, it is best for her. I don't know how I will make it through, but I know that God will give me the strength.
As we celebrate 7 weeks of good health and growth I stand amazed. She is becoming so much more alert, following voices and objects, and even responding at times.
I have attached a video clip of her this morning. While I was showering I put Londyn in her pack-n-play knowing she would be safe there. When I got in she had just woke up from a 10 minute snooze, but I knew I wouldn't be long. So at the end of my shower I heard her crying (so I thought). When I got out I listened to hear if she was really upset or not. I walked in to her making noises and entertaining herself, check out the video on my facebook page.My little girl is growing so much. I want her to stay a baby forever, but she does have to grow up. So as she becomes more of a little girl I want to embrace every moment possible with her.

No comments: